Sometimes people have bipolar-related concerns about loved ones.  It could be a spouse/partner, an adolescent, a college student returning home on a medical a medical withdrawal or even a close friend.  Talking with a psychologist about your concerns can provide validation of what you’re perceiving.  You may also come away with an alternate perspective on what is occurring.  Mostly a consultation should help you develop a strategy about what to do next.  Bottom line – it’s perfectly OK to seek a consult when the “person of concern” is someone other than you.